Monday, November 14, 2011

Sweaters from Pegs

When Derek and I first moved to Paris (Fall 2008), Pegs was just finishing cleaning out her closet to get rid of things she hadn't worn in a while, and she very kindly gave me a whole stack of warm sweaters. I became increasingly grateful for them as winter set in, as my California wardrobe was not quite up to a Paris winter.

Last week I got to visit my friend Ginna in North Carolina. When I arrived at her apartment, I realized that we were both wearing hand-me-down sweaters from Pegs! Poor cell phone camera quality notwithstanding, I just had to take a picture. Ginna's is a grey hoodie that Pegs had given me, and that I then gave to Ginna when she visited us in Paris. Mine is a dark red henley. I wear it all the time, and always send a little mental 'thank you' to Pegs when I do.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Thanks, Ariel. I remember that sweater; she used to have a few like that in different colors. She gave away so many clothes over the years, and I'm glad to hear that they are still in use and appreciated.

Derek said...

It's worth noting that she gave away a few of Lee's clothes, too - whether he wanted her to, though, I'm not entirely sure...

In any case, I still regularly wear a few of the sweaters she gave me. And on the rare occasion that I wear a tie, chances are it comes from a pile of Lee's clothes that she banished from their apartment.