Monday, November 28, 2011

A Call to Arms

Although Breast Cancer Awareness Month is over, there are still a number of ways in which you can support the fight against breast cancer. For example, if you haven't done so already, we encourage you to donate to one of these worthwhile organizations or another group sponsoring research or assisting those afflicted with the disease:


Below is a message from Jennifer Hart, who has been sponsoring breast cancer initiatives in Paris for a while now, most recently in Pegs' name; I'd like to applaud Jennifer for her efforts and to thank her and everyone else who has joined in this struggle:

Hi Lee,

I don't want to bother you but I wanted to share the fruits of some effort here in Paris. I had a fundraising page for breast cancer research for the Odyssea run called ForPegs.  We were away for the Toussaint and during that time the collecte came to an end. The final result was €230 for the Institut de Cancerologie Gustave Roussy.  I know this isn't one of the places you asked people to donate to but I wanted you to know that your wife's memory, legacy and spirit is still motivating people on this side of the pond.  I just mailed them a cheque as well for the bandanas I sold at the breast cancer run.  

Bisous,
Jennifer

No comments: