Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Remember When...: Sia Was Born

On April 20, 1998 we welcomed our firstborn daughter Sia.  She was three weeks early and needless to say I had nothing ready.   We had a crib, still in the box.  We had a car seat, still in the box.  We had a changing table, still in the box.  We had clothes.....you get the picture.  Sia was born a little after 4p.m. and Peggy came into my room at around 11 that night.  She stayed and worked at the restaurant so that our parents could come to the hospital.  Before she came to see us, Peggy went to the Wal-Mart to pick up some baby stuff.  She washed and sterilized everything and put them in a diaper bag.  Peggy brought me some flowers and some baked spaghetti,  not knowing I couldn't eat from having a C-section.   But I ate it anyway!!   She was wonderful like that.

Posted on behalf of Amalia

1 comment:

Brooke Sing said...

That is really lovely.