Friday, October 21, 2011

I Remember When...: Pegs Went to Ingrid Brulant's Birthday

Translated from the original French, available after the jump:

 Dear Lee, united in spirit with Pegs.

I remember the surprise and happiness that I had when you arrived for my 30th birthday in August 2006! You had both come all the way from Paris just for the evening in the north [of France] ... I discovered that night that Pegs and I were born only 5 days apart!  I too celebrated my 35th birthday a few weeks ago ...

I particularly remember talking for a long time
on the phone with Panagiota a month after the birth of Sofia. A little more experienced than Peg, already having my two daughters at the time, I felt so close to her joy but also to the fatigue of any new mom. It is a beautiful memory for me. She was simple, direct and frank, funny, and full of self-restraint.

We also had a great weekend in Paris in your apartment on rue de l'Odeon ... I regret not seeing you both more often; time passes so quickly.

I also remember your wedding on the Seine, Paris in all its beauty and a wonderful evening with your friends and family.

And lastly I remember your courage Lee, for facing the unbearable, so modestly.

My little ones, Jane and Eva, are preparing some beautiful drawings for Sofia, ... soon in your mail box!

This website really pays Panagiota a nice tribute. Thank you for sharing it. The photos are beautiful. Our heart goes out to you, and I think of Pegs.

Ingrid

Ingrid & Brulant Benedict, Jeanne, Eva, Edgar. From Lille, France.

Cher Lee, en union en pensée avec Pegs.

Je me souviens de la surprise et du bonheur que j'ai eu à vous voir débarquer à mon anniversaire des 30 ans en août 2006 ! Vous aviez fait tous 2 la route depuis Paris juste pour la soirée dans le nord... Je découvre ce soir que nous n'avons avec Pegs que 5 jours d'écart ! J ai fêté moi aussi mes 35 ans il y a quelques semaines...

Je me souviens surtout d'avoir échangé longuement avec Panagiota 1 mois après la naissance de Sofia, au téléphone. Un peu plus expérimentée que Peg, avec mes 2 filles à l'époque, je me sentais si proche de sa joie mais aussi de sa fatigue de toute nouvelle maman.  C'est un beau souvenir pour moi. Elle était simple, directe et franche, drôle, et toute en retenue.

On a aussi passé un super WE à Paris dans l'appartement rue de l'Odéon...Je regrette de ne pas vous avoir vu plus souvent, le temps passe si vite.

Je me souviens aussi du mariage sur la Seine, Paris de toute beauté et une belle soirée avec vos amis et en famille.

Je me souviens enfin de ton courage Lee, pour affronter l'insoutenable, avec tant de pudeur.

Mes choupettes Jeanne et Eva préparent pour Sofia quelques beaux dessins, ... soon in your mail box !

Ce web site lui rend vraiment bien hommage. Merci pour ce partage.  Les photos sont magnifiques.  On est de tout cœur avec vous, et je pense à Pegs.

Ingrid

Ingrid & Benoît Brulant, Jeanne, Eva, Edgar. From Lille, France.

No comments: