Tuesday, November 1, 2011

An e-mail from Joel Rubin

Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hey Derek,

Today Facebook recommended that I become friends with Pegs.  I clicked through to her page, then saw that there was a link to [the] blog as well.  Reading it, I suddenly realized that she's passed away.  I know you and I had talked this summer, and I just saw Damien a week or so ago, but I still didn't know about your family's loss until today.

Even after our talk, I was still shocked to read her blog this afternoon.  I only ever met her twice, I think - once at your wedding, and again in Paris - but she was so warm, so friendly, so funny, and so full of life.  I'll always remember the wonderful afternoon we spent with her, Lee and Sofia at their place in Paris.  She made me feel so welcome, and the food was, as is expected at any Vanderpool-related event, delicious. 

I know this is coming somewhat late, but my thoughts are with you, your family, and Pegs right now. 

Joel

No comments: